The carousel spins, the world swaying and throwing a bull’s-eye. Dizziness is a nasty feeling, but rarely a symptom of a serious illness.
When the dizziness strikes, the world will shake and feel sick even if you are hundreds of miles from the nearest amusement park. The Earth is rotating and as attractive as ever, but the human balance organ senses non-existent things.
Dizziness usually disappears spontaneously.
Using the balance system, or moving around in practice, is the best treatment for dizziness.
An exercise drug may taste bad because one naturally avoids exercise when the balance is unstable.
During the onset of dizziness, other symptoms may be overlooked, but recognizing them will help resolve the condition. Hearing loss and sudden onset and carousel dizziness are usually associated with the inner ear.
Dizziness combined with headache often refers to neck problems.
Often the side effects of drugs are also dizziness, but side effects rarely occur in the morning before taking the drugs.
– Dizziness is not yet the case if you stand in the eyes when standing up. Then it can be low blood pressure when the blood pressure control system does not manage to change posture.
– Benign postural dizziness usually resolves spontaneously and there is a simple treatment for it, says Kyösti Laitakari , Head of Department, Oulu University Hospital Hearing Center.
The problem with postural dizziness is that by the time the patients arrive to the specialist’s office, the discomfort is usually over and the story of the dizziness remains to be determined.
Typical dizziness is carousel-like dizziness, which begins abruptly and is associated with certain postures, such as lying down, flipping, lying down, or bending your head. Dizziness lasts for a few seconds to a minute and then eases. Although dizziness will soon stop, vomiting or nausea may last longer.
– In postural dizziness, a precipitate has passed through one of the three arch passages in the inner ear, which gives the sensitive sensory cells of the inner ear false information about head movements, Laitakari explains. The crystals are normally attached to a gel-like substance, but may detach and drift into the wrong place in the inner ear.
The actual cause of the benign dizziness is unknown. Posture dizziness often affects otherwise perfectly healthy people.
– This is apparently a degeneration change. Postural dizziness can also be caused by a slight head injury: you hit your head on the edge of a closet and the next day you roll in a carousel, Laitakari says.
Posture care helps
In just a few cases there is just as simple trick treatment as a benign posture.
The treatment is based on gravity removal of the precipitate from the arch aisle by movements of the head and body. The movements depend on where the precipitate is in the archway. The doctor, in turn, finds out by using the eye color test, the direction of the eye movements, and experimenting with the position of the dizziness.
– Positioning is made difficult by the fact that movements cause dizziness. The feeling of nausea can be so intense that you can’t move properly, and not all of the precipitate runs out of the archway.
Even without treatment, dizziness will disappear within a couple of months as the precipitate wanders away in random movements.
With postural care, the symptom disappears more quickly, the lucky ones get help all at once.
It is thought that once the crystals have come loose, it will happen again more easily. Postural dizziness cannot be prevented, but some patients have developed morning exercise that goes through all the archways.
“Not all crystals always leave the archway at once, so repeating movement sequences can help some people with dizziness,” says Laitakari.
Sometimes, dizziness can last for years. Symptoms of dizziness may also be atypical if the brain has already begun to correct the condition. Laitakari says that sometimes patients tell a completely inappropriate story about posture. For example, dizziness can only occur when walking.
– But when the patient examines, you may find eye color revealing a dizziness.
Pressure in the ear
Postural dizziness is by far the number one cause of dizziness. The next most common cause of disease
Dizziness is also caused by inflammation of the balance nerve. Symptoms include sudden onset of vertigo and nausea. Hearing is not impaired. The worst dizziness subsides within a few days and in most cases, the condition returns to normal within a few weeks.
The most serious of the narcotic diseases of the ear is the tumor of the nervous system. They can be found in about 50 years. The most common symptom of dizziness in them is hearing loss. The tumor can be found on magnetic resonance imaging.
“Although the inner ear is permanently damaged, the feeling of dizziness usually disappears and balance management returns to normal,” Ojala says.
If you are over the age of 50 and experience dizziness, you should keep in mind cardiac arrhythmias.
– Cerebral circulatory problems rarely appear simply as dizziness. However, a dizziness attack may be the first symptom of cerebrovascular or cardiac disease, and with proper examination of dizziness, they can be traced, Ojala says.
Neck dizziness is difficult to verify with research, but doctors often see a connection between neck tension and dizziness.
cervical dizziness is not carousel-like, but is, for example, rocking and does not start suddenly. Various neck treatments such as physiotherapy can alleviate dizziness.
Psychiatric dizziness includes panic disorder. They are typically characterized by a particular situation or place where you feel dizzy, such as in a shop, during a traffic jam or in a queue.
What is dizziness?
Once the symptoms of dizziness have subsided, seeking the diagnosis is a job for the police.